Index Sales Specialist
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated, and service oriented individual to participate in our sales initiative focused on MSCI Index products to Asset Management firms, Insurance firms, Custodians and Private Banks.
MSCI Index Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development. Each person is responsible for their respective sales territory to meet with clients and prospective clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products. The role entails converting clients and prospective clients to use MSCI Indices in their investment process. The sales specialist will utilize his/her knowledge of the various entities and individuals within the Taiwan market to position MSCI.
This role is a highly visible one working in a high pressure, highly targeted, metrics driven environment. In addition to the management of senior level relationships, the role also demands a consummate relationship builder, both internally and externally, in order to drive sales, and hit revenue targets. Key to this role is the creation and timely execution of pipeline which the sales specialist takes full ownership of and an ability to present investment related themes and research. In this role, individuals will work very closely with global Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Product Management, and Finance / billing departments.
- Total Relationship Management involving:
- High Level Management Contact within Asset Management firms, Insurance firms, Custodians and Private Banks
- Creation and timely execution of pipeline
- Achieve targeted revenue goals in a high pressure sales environment
- Strategic Planning with an Account
- New Product Placement
- Answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Inform all clients about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc.
- Work with other departments (Business Management, Sales Support, Client service, Legal, Finance etc.) to ensure that all client requests / inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc. Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to Business Management, Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
- Ability to translate business requirements into actions plans. Align individual goals and actions with MSCI objectives. Understand the impact of own actions or inactions in relation to the broader strategy. Produce high quality work.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business. See and value the interconnectedness of the Firm's departments, functions and locations in identifying opportunities for growth and achieved results. Seek to understand issues and perspectives of different cultures in order to achieve better business results.
- Continually search for ways to grow or improve the Firm's business. Achieve the right balance between MSCI, client and shareholder needs. Recognize the importance of delivering outstanding client satisfaction.
- Work easily in a team environment. Understand owns' contribution to the team effort and involve others as appropriate. Encourage and consider contributions of all team members.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Thorough understanding of the Asset Management, Insurance, Custodian and Private Bank segments with experience in equity indices. Experience dealing with major international Asset Management firms, Insurance firms, Custodians and Private Banks.
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong sales closing skills and proven record for exceeding sales targets
- Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a global team
- Thorough understanding of the Investment Management Process
- Minimum of 6 years of sales experience with a proven record of accomplishment preferably in the financial service industry
- Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
- Bachelor's Degree Required; MBA, Master's Degree and/or CFA charter holder preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese is a must.