Analysts - Private Market Investments
MainePERS administers the defined benefit plan for Maine teachers, state employees and other public employees. The Portland-based Investment Team oversees investments for the $13b pension fund, and is primarily focused on the sourcing, evaluation, and monitoring of private market investments across Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure, and other asset classes.
MainePERS is seeking two analysts at either the junior or senior level to add to the existing private markets team. The analysts will work under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Investment Officer and asset class Managing Directors. High-level responsibilities include:
Sourcing and evaluating potential private market fund investments
- Work in conjunction with consultants and other team members to identify potential investments
- Conduct due diligence, including on-site visits
- Create written briefings and recommendations for the CIO and Trustees for selected investments
Monitoring existing private market fund investments
- Monitor cash flows, team developments, and performance of existing investments
- Attend annual meetings, participate in investor conference calls
- Assist in evaluation of co-investment opportunities
- Assist with preparation of monthly Trustee reports
- Participate in weekly team meetings and discussions of potential investments
- Assist on other projects on an ad hoc basis
For more information, and to apply, visit MainePERS at http://www.mainepers.org/Careers/Careers.htm.