Equity Applied Researcher
As a member of a global team, the successful candidate will have wide-ranging responsibilities, including the following:
- Work closely with members and groups within research and across the firm to implement our research and product development agenda.
- Conduct hands-on research and author research papers, both as an individual and as a member of the team, on the use of MSCI index and analytics products in the investment process
- Work closely with clients to provide innovative index/analytics-related solutions to their investment challenges. Clients may include Institutional investors like public and corporate plans, endowments, but also Asset Managers and ETF providers, as well as large financial adviser organizations.
- Represent the research aspects of our product offerings in client and prospect meetings in Asia
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Relevant professional experience in the Investment Management industry, preferably in a research role that includes presenting the research externally
- Knowledge of portfolio management, risk management or portfolio construction processes is essential. Familiarity with asset allocation and risk modelling tools (Barra) is a plus
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in writing research reports are vital
- Strong statistical skills (e.g., time series and cross-sectional analysis) and facility with statistical and database packages (e.g., R and S+, matlab, SQL) required.
- Excellent data management skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel (incl. VBA)
- Graduate (PhD strongly preferred) degree in Finance, Financial Engineering, economics or related field. CFA is a plus