Associate - Equity Derivatives Product Controller - Hong Kong
Nomura is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
- Responsible for and act as a product controller for one of the business lines within AEJ Equities Derivatives; product coverage may include cash, futures, options (OTC and listed), swaps, FX & DR products, margin loans and accumulators.
- Analysis and validate firm's funding and trade related cost to the business.
- Work with an offshore team to understand, produce and explain the daily P&L as well as investigating issues including providing guidance required - review and validate Profit & Loss (P&Ls) daily from offshore team and distribute to business
- Review with traders to obtain daily sign-off of P&L and provide support for any ad hoc issues and queries
- Responsible for monthly trading ledger closing, including final MTD P&L reconciliation, funding analysis, all control accounts checks, inter/intra company breaks and balance sheet substantiation.
- Work with Project team to facilitate new business/products/flows requirements related to Finance
- An undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, mathematics. Further professional qualifications, such as CFA, CPA, CIMA, ACA or master's degree, are advantageous.
- Minimum 4 years' previous experience in Product Control.
- Initiative to address issues as they arise and confidence in analyzing and presenting complex financial data
- Strong communication skills for effective interaction with front office, middle office and operations colleagues
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and be highly organized
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Adapt to high pressure environment
- Strong English language capability is required; Asian language ability is a plus but not a requirement
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.