Vice President/ Product Specialist
The Research Signals group provides independent research and investment consulting services to the institutional asset management community. The group designs and develops individual factors and multi-factor models across a range of asset classes by applying a systematic evaluation process to a variety of fundamental, technical, and industry-specific data sources.
Duties & accountabilities
- Serve as direct customer point of contact, including answering questions related to Markit Research Signals' suite of alpha factors and models, and research methodology.
- Work closely with Sales and Account Management team to develop & execute business growth strategies for the Research Signals business.
- Gather new ideas for product improvement via customer interactions and work closely with the Research Signals team to prioritize customer requests.
- Lead product demos, training sessions and work in a consultative role with prospective customers to employ Markit's Research Signals platform and data feeds.
- Identify areas where Markit's research and analytical tools can provide unique value to customers and prospects, and propose solutions to drive usage.
- Assist in creating marketing materials for the product and generating basic research analytics for customers.
- Provide regular teach-in to sales and management teams on new product and model launches
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, and Statistics preferred.
- MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Financial Services industry preferably with exposure to quantitative research, equity investment strategies, backtesting and optimization.
- Prior experience in a customer facing role required.
- Deep knowledge of equity investments and portfolio management process and workflow required
- Familiarity with quantitative research processes and implementation
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Ability to provide simplified explanations of complex quantitative models and research
- Self-motivated to drive new initiatives
- Ability to gather, synthesize and deliver client feedback for product enhancements and development
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for the markets with a desire to help clients improve returns and investment processes
- Creative thinker in terms of product usage and client engagement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential
- Strong presentation skills required
- Strong written skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to forge relationships and drive a coordinated client engagement across the Markit product suite
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.