Credit Analyst, Associate Director covering Telecommunications, Media and Technology sectors
Fitch is seeking an Associate Director for coverage of the Telecommunications, Media & Technology sectors, in particular coverage for Media & Entertainment. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has some knowledge of and a keen interest in learning more about the Media & Entertainment industries;
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization;
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
-Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Media & Entertainment sectors;
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Participating in meetings with Telecommunications, Media & Technology industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA or CFA candidate preferred;
- 3+ years relevant Media & Entertainment experience, some coverage or knowledge of the Telecommunication, Media & Technology sectors a plus;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.