Leveraged Finance - Director Legal Role
The person who fills this role will support a variety of sector teams in covering leveraged finance entities and liaise across various groups at Fitch. This requires that the individual be comfortable in support /coordinator roles as well as cross functional leadership situations. Qualitative credentials such as enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, and passion for learning and achievement will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A self-directed individual comfortable with complexity, with a team mind-set, strong focus on results, and a solid work ethic will thrive in this opportunity. The individual will conduct, author and publish research on companies under coverage, the leveraged finance market in general and on important themes related to corporate credit. The individual will also be involved in special projects related to creating formal training and enhancing our team's internal procedures. There will be opportunity for accelerating responsibility as the candidate demonstrates capacity for an enhanced role. Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Leverage Finance sector;
- Conducting thorough analysis of debt and legal structure documents.
- Authoring insightful research on topics like: pensions, bankruptcy, nuances of debt instrument types (asset-based-lending facilities, for example), etc.
- Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality for individual entities.
- Ultimately communicating analysis to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with Leverage Finance industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- Legal background or formal credit training preferred
- MBA, CFA/CPA a plus.
- 5-10 years relevant experience, which must include some coverage or knowledge of the Leverage Finance sectors;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp