Director, Credit Analyst covering Utilities and Natural Resources with focus in Utilities, Power...
Fitch is seeking a Director for coverage of the Utilities and Natural Resources sector. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has a demonstrated understanding of and a keen interest in Utilities and Natural Resources industries, in particular; Utilities, Power, & Gas.
- has a professional background in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- has experience in interpreting complex legal documents such as bank agreements and bond indentures;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- has a strong pattern of leadership and the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside of the organization.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic and results oriented mindset.
Essential Functions of this position include:
-Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing credit quality of companies in the Utilities and Natural Resources industries, in particular; Utilities, Power, & Gas.
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models;
- Conducting and/or participating in meetings with Utilities and Natural Resources industry management teams;
- Presenting analysis of companies to internal credit rating committees;
- Involvement in communicating rating rationale to external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) in meetings, conference calls, press releases and written research reports;
- Participating in the evaluation of other credits within Corporates, as well as other related credit groups.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA/CPA preferred;
- 5+ years relevant experience, which must include some coverage or knowledge of the Utilities and Natural Resources industries, in particular; Utilities, Power, & Gas.;
- capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Expertise in Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team oriented environment.