Associate - Metals & Mining Financing (GLFI/NAT/MMF/FIN), Natural Resources & Energy...
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia.SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The natural resources and energy long term finance team is in charge of origination, structuring and implementing structured and project finance for clients in the natural resources and energy sector in the Asia Pacific Region.
Within this team, the metals and mining finance team is focused on providing arranging and advisory services to mines and metals producers and projects in the region.
As an Associate in the team the candidate's primary mission will be to support the execution and origination of arranging and advisory mandates originated by MDs, and Ds, under the supervision of the transaction Team leader and the VP supporting him/her.
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assisting in all aspects of the marketing process including market research
- Putting together pitch books
- Assisting in all aspects of the credit process
- Reviewing due diligence material (market, technical, insurance, legal, tax)
- Preparing credit applications
- Cash flow modelling for SPVs and corporate
- Ensuring that all credit and marketing material is completed in a timely manner and to the expected standard
- Ensuring all compliance procedures are adhered to, and, should there be a breach, to notify compliance immediately
- Keeping up to date with changes in the natural resources markets
- Work jointly with other BLs as the case may be, including M&A, CTY and SAF
- Participation in ad hoc projects as they arise
- Assisting in reporting tools
- Training of more junior staffs
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- Basic knowledge of credit and risk assessment, cross border loan and project finance is preferred but not a must.
- Strong modeling skills for project and corporate finance
- Knowledge of Natural Resources Sector and in particular metals and mining in Asia Pacific
- Very high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word
- Solid accounting knowledge (those whose undergraduate are business major or has passed other professionalexamination e.g. CPA, ACA, CFA, FRM are solid proof) and able to conduct financial ratios analysis
- Demonstrate team work and willing to learn and deliver assigned task under tight deadlines
Undergraduate or post-graduate degree holder from top universities with the following disciplines:
- Business with major in accounting and finance or legal background combined with accounting/ finance
- Engineering or pure science (with proven knowledge of accounting and finance and/or legal, e.g. proof of some professional exams or selective subjects in accounting and finance and/or legal during university study
- Several years of experience in a project finance team or in position related to the metals and mining corporate/financing industry
- Be articulate and fluent in spoken and written English, another language is a plus