Corporate Finance, Analyst
Craven Street Capital is an independent boutique corporate finance business. Our culture is built on a bedrock of strong relationships with our clients, other professionals and our employees. We are collaborative in our approach and value innovative and creative thinking and most of all have a passion for what we do.
Craven Street Capital was formed from the management buyout of PSource Capital Limited (“PCL”) in April 2017. The management team has a 10 year track record operating as PCL, which was originally established in 2006 as the fund management and corporate finance business of Punter Southall Group, which remains a minority shareholder and client.
Craven Street Capital operates principally in three sectors: Financial Services, Energy/Infrastructure/Renewables and Healthcare. We undertake a broad range of advisory mandates that include M&A, IPOs, private placements, asset sales, debt financings including project finance, seeding funds and complex deal structuring. We look to have long term, multi-deal relationships with a small number of clients in our selected sectors.
Craven Street Capital is planning to grow its corporate finance business organically, by hiring additional junior employees every six to twelve months and developing staff. It is an exciting time to join the company and the individual will be well-placed to benefit from this projected growth. We have a strong pipeline of interesting opportunities.
All team members are integral to all parts of a transaction, from origination to completion. Based at our London offices (11 Strand, London WC2N 5HR), you will support the Associates and Directors with all aspects of the business:
- New client origination (including identification, analysis, communications/pitching, mandate negotiation)
- Conducting research and preparing reports on clients, potential clients, peer groups/comparables, industries/sectors, etc.
- Preparing marketing and diligence materials including pitch books, teasers, introductory emails, presentations, information memorandums, and data rooms
- Interacting with investors/acquirers/partners on client mandates, including identification, communications and negotiations
- Project management of the deal execution process including negotiations, documentation, diligence, and managing 3rd party advisors (lawyers, accountants, IPO brokers, etc.)
- To be successful you will need the following qualifications:
- 1+ years of previous professional experience post-qualification
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, engineering or related field
The following are not essential, but will be viewed positively:
- Professional qualifications: e.g. CFA, ACA, etc.
- Professional experience in either Financial Institutions or Energy/Infrastructure or related field
- Post-graduate degree in business, finance, economics or related field
- International education and/or work experience
- Financial modelling skills and experience
In order to perform the role the individual will be required to undertake occasional travel (3-5 overnight trips per year) and dedicate time outside of core hours where projects and business needs demand.
Compensation & Benefits:
In return the successful candidate will expect to receive:
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Discretionary bonuses based upon revenue generation
- Continuing professional development encouraged
- Comprehensive benefits package including private health care, income protection, pension, holiday and life assurance