CalPERS – Associate Investment Manager – Investment Risk and Performance – JC-67407
Our Investment Risk and Performance program is currently seeking an Associate Investment Manager to lead a wide range of portfolio analytics projects to drive investment insight in support of CalPERS investment and risk management processes, and drive our CalPERS mission.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Lead a wide range of portfolio analytics projects to drive investment insight in support of CalPERS investment and risk management processes. Support the work of the Investment Committee, Investment Office (INVO) Investment Strategy Group (ISG), and INVO Program Areas. Work closely with CalPERS’ risk functions and Program Area staff.
• Coach and mentor staff in the research and analysis of investment performance and risk management functions.
• Research, develop and implement methodologies and tools to enhance reporting and understanding of investment performance. Develop both in-house solutions as well as leverage vendor solutions; manage vendor selection processes as needed. Stay current on industry-wide trends and apply best practices in performance measurement and analysis.
• Coach and mentor staff in the research and development of methodologies and tools.
• Oversee the measurement and reporting of investment performance for INVO and the Board. Ensure deliverables produced are accurate and delivered on-time.
• Design, implement and manage processes, controls and services needed to accurately monitor, measure, and report investment performance in compliance with Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). Optimize operational processes and systems, oversee and coordinate external service providers. Reduce operational risks through improved internal controls. Increase operational efficiency and capacity.
To view the position’s duty statement, click here.
To view how to apply to this employment opportunity, go here: