Analysts work closely with all three functions, key tasks include:
- Strategy Consultancy - prepare ad-hoc analysis and constructing presentations to deliver financial risk management consulting services, primarily targeting institutional investors.
- Quantitative Analysis - model financial risks using quantitative methods (VaR, stress-testing, scenario analysis, probabilistic analysis); run data management processes.
- Trade Execution - general trading desk support (OTC derivative trades) including liaising with banks and brokers on pricing, trade reconciliation and settlements.
- Onboarding - working with banking counterparties to setup clients and onboard with the institution including the development of negotiation skills for ISDA and CSA agreements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years professional experience within financial services
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, exposure to Bloomberg
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of risk management in financial markets
- Exposure to trading of OTC instruments
DESIRABLE SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working towards additional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, AMCT/MCT, CIMA, IMC, CAIA, etc
- Expertise in derivatives pricing
- Knowledge of Alternative Investment Funds
- Experience in a ‘start-up' environment
- Technical skills: e.g. VBA, SQL, R, Python, Matlab, etc
- Regulatory experience
- Fund Accountancy / actuarial exposure
- Good team-working, time management and communication skills with ability to perform in high pressure environment under tight deadlines
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Validus Risk Management is an independent market risk advisory firm specialising in the management of currency, interest rate and commodity price risk.
We work with companies to design and implement strategies and processes to measure, manage and monitor financial risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services and innovative risk technology.
Our systematic financial risk management methodology has been designed to increase risk transparency, create customised risk management solutions, and facilitate the efficient execution of hedging transactions by minimising information asymmetry between clients and banking counterparties.
The Validus Risk Management advisory service gives our clients access to the latest risk management technology and independent expertise at a fraction of the cost of an in-house financial risk management function. Validus works with a range of companies across the globe, from SMEs to multinational corporations, as well as pension funds and leading alternative investments funds (Private Equity, Secondaries, Private Debt, Real Estate) with combined AUM in excess of $2tn. Validus arranges and advises on over $90bn in hedging transactions annually.