Credit Manager - Real Estate & Infrastructure
My client is a leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate. Globally they manage over US$9bn of equity capital in multiple private and listed funds.
The key elements of this position are:
- Develop the strategy of the Credit Risk function to drive it forward
- Provide oversight and manage the development of a Credit Analyst
- Develop and implement a technology strategy
- Oversight of the monitoring of credit status of tenants / co-sponsors / contractors, ensuring that counterparties are rated and regularly monitored
- To ensure that credit opinions are focused on high risk areas in a timely manner to assist the deal teams with their investment decisions
- Preparing any credit risk information or portfolio analysis which is required for quarterly investor reports and/or portfolio review meetings
- Ongoing development of credit rating tools and portfolio analysis
- Attendance at fund review meetings
- Industry sector analysis
- Creative methods to obtain credit on higher risk counterparts such as interviewing Financial Directors / Project Managers, developing and tapping into a network where appropriate etc.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Significant prior experience within a counterparty risk environment
- CFA/ACA qualified accounting background preferable
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to deliver quality written reports and verbally present robust views on credit status to senior management
- Excellent communication skills
This role is paying up to £85,000 base salary as part of a competitive overall compensation package.