Senior Principal, Fixed Income & Currencies - Developed Markets, Capital Markets
The Developed Markets Fixed Income & Currencies (DM-FIFX) group is part of the Capital Markets department. This department has responsibilities for Total Fund activities including the execution of capital market transactions, optimizing funding decisions, managing the passive component of the policy portfolio, and managing a diversified, multi-strategy internal value add program.
The DM-FIFX group is involved in various Fund wide initiatives specially focused on the fixed income, currencies and inflation markets and related risk factors. Within the Capital Markets department, the DM-FIFX group is responsible for managing the nominal, real and provincial debt policy portfolios. In addition, the group is responsible for discretionary alpha investment decisions with the goal of generating value-add targets within defined risk limits.
As a Senior Principal in this team, you will bring direct experience in risk taking and portfolio management from a top down macro, and bottom up micro perspective across DM rates and currencies markets.
- Manage fixed income and LDI Policy assets against their benchmarks
- Construct and implement efficient trades in G10 rates and currencies to achieve superior returns, involving both beta Policy portfolios and alpha overlay portfolios
- Enhance the team's investment process and philosophy
- Help the group to achieve return on risk targets on a sustainable basis
- Contribute to Fund wide initiatives on a variety of pension fund issues
- Coach and guide junior team members
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of economic and financial information into actionable recommendations, conclusions and trade expressions.
- Disciplined approach to market analysis, trade stops and portfolio construction.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8+ years of market experience including fixed income and currency risk taking with a proven track record, preferably with experience in G10 ex-CAD
- Master's degree or equivalent in Business Administration or Economics required
- CFA an asset
- Extensive understanding of fixed income rates and currencies derivatives with respect to pricing, risks and portfolio construction
- Very strong fundamental and quantitative analysis skills
- A strong sense of business ethics and keen awareness of evolving market regulations
- Collaborative and team oriented with strong leadership skills
- An independent thinker and self-starter
- Ability to direct and mentor team members, such as investment analysts and Principals
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate recommendations effectively
- A passion and enthusiasm for capital markets and global fixed income and currency investing
How to Apply:
We encourage all applicants to apply directly through our website at https://www.otpp.com/careers/career-opportunities.
Job ID: 411
OTTP is located at:
5650 Yonge Street
Canada, M2M 4H5
$170,000 - $190,000
- Bonus (Discretionally Pay for Performance)
- Other Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Vacation and New Hire Relocation)
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- 20 Vacation Days
Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
5650 Yonge Street
Canada, M2M 4H5
David Ha, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Phone number: 416-730-3514