UK LDI Solutions Manager
This is a position within our Solutions Management team, which is responsible for delivering efficient de-risking solutions to UK Defined Benefit Pension Schemes.
The role involves analysing client liabilities, developing appropriate hedging solutions and implementing them, in addition to providing ongoing oversight of existing mandates as well as satisfying service and reporting needs.
This will entail working closely with other investment teams, central support service teams and institutional client teams to ensure that high quality solutions and service are consistently delivered to our clients and their consultants.
1) Solutions Management
a) Engage with clients / consultants to understand objectives, constraints and requirements, leading on pooled fund clients and supporting on bespoke mandates.
b) Prepare request for data requirements necessary to perform liability analysis and obtain details from client/consultants
c) Analyse liability data utilising ALM tools, liaising with colleagues in the Portfolio Management team to produce results and develop proposals based on pooled or bespoke arrangements
d) Prepare presentation and reporting materials for and/or attend client meetings
e) Present results and proposals to clients / consultants
f) Assist with client onboarding process, engaging with various stakeholders to ensure documentation, benchmark and guidelines are correctly established
g) Work with UK LDI Portfolio Management team to:
i) Ensure pooled fund activity e.g. subscriptions / redemptions proceed smoothly
ii) As necessary, provide input on changes to existing bespoke mandates, e.g. subscriptions, redemptions, benchmark restructuring, investment guidelines etc., to ensure accurate and prompt implementation
iii) improve knowledge of swap and gilt markets via regular team updates and through engaging with bank sales teams.
h) As necessary, delegate tasks associated with responsibilities above to more junior members of team providing guidance, support and oversight to improve efficiency and broaden team capability.
i) As required, provide support for Business Development and Marketing initiatives including input into thought leadership
2) Solutions Management Infrastructure
a) Contribute to UK LDI governance:
i) Attend LDI Investment Markets Committee
b) Provide input into and support development of existing systems, tools and models
c) Provide input into and support the development of future client reporting in line with client requirements
d) Adhere to team process, procedures and controls maintaining evidence, which stands up to external scrutiny
- Relevant Professional Qualification - Actuary / CFA
- 3-5 years' experience (ideally as an Investment Consultant or equivalent)
- Experience of working with defined benefit pension schemes gained through roles in at least one of the following organisations investment banking, asset management, insurance or investment consulting
- Experience of working with clients and/or consultants
- Experience of researching or writing articles on new investment ideas.
Knowledge and Skills
- Specific knowledge of derivatives, LDI and strategic asset allocation
- Quantitative/financial background with experience of using ALM or derivative pricing models
- Good knowledge of the UK pension scheme regulations and/or Insurance Company balance sheet, regulations and businesses
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, delegating where appropriate and manage resources effectively to meet wider business objectives