Strategic Portfolio Analyst (Equity/Wholesale)
Focused expertise in Wholesale/Equity portfolio analysis. Strong SAS/SQL skills.
Your new role
As part of the Data Management Office, you will play a vital role that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture.
- Support group wide business units locally and across borders in developing data analytics solutions and roadmaps
- Manage, build and deliver analytical solutions including analytical deep-dives and dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making.
- Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management in understanding data trends, patterns and insights on customers and business operations.
- Support portfolio management with in-depth analysis of key segments and business drivers.
- Analyse data for portfolio managers to assist in the formulation of recommendations to deliver results against profitability and growth targets.
- Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda for the group.
- Drive innovation initiatives under the business leadership team's guidance and directives.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be mainly assessed based on your relevant portfolio analysis experience, technical skills, as well as stakeholder engagement/strategy/presentation experience.
- 5 - 8 years working experience in Wholesale or Equity portfolio analysis/management.
- Experience with preparing portfolio analysis reports such as trend and performance analysis
- Knowing various investment types, such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in excel, SQL and SAS or other statistical analysis program/BI tools is required
- Strong analytical skills in developing and interpreting statistically driven reports
- Degree in analytical or mathematic disciplines (e.g. Finance, Statistics, Commerce, Accounting, Business or a related discipline). Post graduate qualifications such as MBA or CFA will be a plus
- Knowledge in data visualisation tools like Tableau, Power BI and/or Qlik is a big plus
- Experience in Data Warehousing, Big Data ecosystem and Data Modelling a strong plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
- Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
What you'll get in return
Alongside a competitive salary, this is an opportunity to be part of a transformation journey with a well-established organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within Data Science, please contact Daen Huang at +65 63030158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Registration Number: 200609504D, EA License: 07C3924, Registration ID Number: R1658977