Assistant GM - Group Structured Finance
The candidate will work in a fast paced environment, with several competing projects across different regions, and will have to assist in managing and maintaining relationships with both external parties and internal stakeholders (business units, Group Corporate Finance and Group Legal mainly). The candidate will need to demonstrate strong excel / quantitative and debt structuring skills, and in addition a good knowledge of the banking market and debt capital markets with a particular focus on emerging markets.
This role will require teamwork and co-ordination with Group Corporate Finance in supporting capital structure strategies across the group.
Transaction structuring and execution:
- In-depth due diligence and analysis of portfolio companies and Group funding requirements in relation to new investment opportunities and refinancing of existing debt financing arrangements
- Comprehensive risk analysis (including interest rates and FX)
- Structuring of debt financing strategies (in co-ordination with Corporate Finance team) through detailed cash flow modelling and scenario analysis
- Production of marketing materials (in co-ordination with business units, Corporate Finance and external advisors) for new debt finance transactions
- Co-ordination of due diligence process with banks, investors and external advisors
- Support negotiation of legal documentation in co-ordination with Group Legal and external counsel, structuring and negotiation of financial covenants
- Works closely with Loan operations team on closing transactions
Financial institution relationships:
- Focused use of market research to direct bank procurement strategy
- Supports day-to-day maintenance of Financial Institution relationships across the Group, including the management of work-in-progress agendas
- Support the Group's market intelligence in loan and debt capital markets, using external data providers and personal networks
- Monitoring of market conditions across the loan and bond capital markets across several key emerging markets
- Analysis of impact on cost of fund and market appetite for the Group and portfolio companies
- Maintenance of relationships with data providers and external resources including banks and other advisors
- Support aftercare and administration of all debt facilities in co-ordination with business units and loan administration team, (including reporting, covenant monitoring), and support reporting as required
- Lead corrective action as may be required
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Chartered Accountant, CFA, LLB, postgraduate tax qualification, or similar.
Minimum Experience: the ideal candidate will have 8-10 years experience in cash flow-based financing (leveraged finance, project finance, real estate finance ECA finance and similar) gained from a reputable investment / commercial bank or debt advisory boutique / big 4 firm. Preference for VP / Junior Director level, ideally with experience working in a major international financial centre (London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong). .
Job-Specific Skills: High level of numeracy and financial and commercial acumen. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of competence in working with full MS Office suite (in particular Excel) and other data systems (MS Access, Bloomberg, etc)..