Credit Risk, APAC ex-Japan Financial Institution Team, Vice President (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
Within Morgan Stanley, Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
We are currently looking for an experienced and driven Financial Institution (FI) credit risk professional to join our Asia Pacific Credit Risk team in HK with these core responsibilities:
• Perform all necessary credit due diligence and analysis on FI counterparties that may range from banks, broker dealers, insurance companies, hedge funds, private equity funds, mutual funds, SPVs, sovereign and sovereign related entities. Broad regional exposure expected.
• Work closely with different business units in identifying and developing alternative transaction structures and credit risk mitigation solutions.
• Review, approve (within delegated authority) or recommend for approval credit risk-related transactions originating from FI counterparties.
• Negotiate credit documentation relating to derivatives transactions.
• Conduct industry and sovereign research.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics or Economics. MBA or CFA candidates highly preferred.
• At least 8 years of credit risk experience covering Asia Pacific FIs in a leading global financial institution.
• Sound credit research skills.
• Prior exposure to debt and fixed income markets or products necessary.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Fluency in Mandarin a distinct advantage.
• Solid computer literacy.
• Strong relationship building skills with the ability to independently handle internal business units and external FI clients on credit-related issues.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Small team management experience preferred.