Counterparty Research Analyst
- Analysts analyze potential and existing counterparties.
- Analysts assign a credit rating based on an assessment of the current financial strengths and weaknesses as well as a thoughtful discussion of the expected future credit quality of each counterparty.
- Analysts conduct discussions and meetings with the senior management team of the counterparties, e.g., Chief Financial Officers, Treasurers, and Chief Executive Officers.
- Analysts must have an understanding of country, industry, market conditions, economic, and political issues relevant to the counterparty's credit profile. Analysts discuss the counterparty with any Fidelity investment analyst who covers the country or company, as well as utilize any external resources which may exist, such as sell-side investment research and rating agency reports.
- Analysts prepare a formal credit memorandum containing a credit rating and recommendation on each counterparty which provide accountability for recommendations.
- Analysts are expected to understand the nature of Fidelity's business with each counterparty, including trading and investment opportunities.
- Analysts recommend practical business and credit decisions which balance credit concerns with trading and investment needs and objectives.
- Analysts are responsible for clear and effective communications and relationships with the Director of Counterparty Research, other Analysts, trading desk personnel, as well as with business unit, Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services and Data Resource Management personnel.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of bank or broker/dealer credit analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent analytical ability
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing