My client is a city based independent provider of fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts. They are looking to recruit an experienced Performance Analyst to join a small specialist team to ensure the timely and accurate calculation, analysis, and reporting of investment performance data for assigned clients including large asset managers and pension funds. This is a new headcount in response to growth and taking on board a new large asset management client, which this person will be assigned to supporting initially.
The role requires a self-starter, someone who can build good relationships with clients as well as other internal departments and stakeholders. You will need to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and have strong attention to detail.
* Perform daily and monthly calculation, reconciliation, control and reporting of performance for assigned client's portfolios, and benchmarks.
* Prepare and analyse monthly and quarterly performance and attribution reporting.
* Update security and portfolio level class schemes and properties.
* Create and update composite benchmarks.
* Verify and maintain security and portfolio static and dynamic data.
* Address ad hoc queries from the client such as providing explanations of performance fluctuations and anomalies.
* Documentation of processes and identify inefficiencies in the production processes and make recommendations on how to improve them.
* Work in partnership with technology product teams to resolve issues and improve overall processes
* Maintain logs for internal and external issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Strong knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as equity, fixed income and derivatives.
* Completed or progressing towards professional level qualifications, preferably either CFA or CIPM
* Proven ability to meet strict periodic deliverables.
* Strong communication skills and ability to influence others.
* Ability to multi-task effectively and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to effectively explain attribution results.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.