Marketing Communications Associate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute communications, including newsletters, invitations, social media, case studies, website, email and Public Relations (in coordination with firm's PR agency)
- Update marketing collateral, including factsheets, presentations, brochures and event invitations
- Plan and execute events with others from start to finish and help run the events
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing Team, Directors and Senior Management as needed
- Bachelors' degree in Marketing Communications a must
- 4+ years' of Marketing Communications experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Event planning experience from inception through to execution
- Previous experience in developing content and graphics in newsletters, websites and articles
- Past experience managing social media platforms including LinkedIn
- Superior verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests within deadlines
- Successful track record in managing projects
- Ability to use initiative and work well independently while also being a team player
- Personable and possess the ability to communicate with all members of staff and clients
- Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- High proficiency in Adobe, InDesign and PowerPoint
- High proficiency in CRM and e-mail marketing tools such as Mail Chimp
If unfamiliar with Wealth Management, an evening semester in the fundamentals of Financial Planning will be offered to you and required.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation includes salary and incentive and is based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), up to $500 for gym reimbursement.
For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter a must expressing your interest and why you should be considered to: HGoldin@Altfest.com
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients' interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times' “FT300” - a listing of the nation's top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron's “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron's state-by-state listing of “America's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm's marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes' first-ever list of “America's Top Women Advisors” - she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.