Director, Client Development
Duties and Responsibilities
The Client Development Director is responsible for selling Altfest's Financial Planning and Investment Management Services to qualified affluent prospects. This can be accomplished through the Client Development Director's network and building new networks such as by:
- Targeting “Centers of Influence” directly, or via professional associations, specific industry events, and other means. These COIs will be valuable in referring potential clients to Altfest.
- Connecting with Corporate Executives (in Human Resources or the Office of the CFO) to secure Altfest as the provider of comprehensive Wealth Management services for the firm's employees.
- Approaching successful professionals (Dentists, Physicians, Psychiatrists, and others) to engage Altfest to handle their Wealth Management needs throughout their career lifecycles.
The Client Development Director assumes total ownership of the sales cycle from initiation to closing. This includes:
- Identifying sales opportunities and converting prospects into clients.
- Creating, building, and managing a sales pipeline.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of key sales metrics and use it to continuously improve results.
- Reporting activities and results on a continuous basis.
- Managing multiple prospects with a clear understanding of the key decision maker(s).
- Grouping prospects and creating tailored sales actions for each.
Applicants should have all of the following:
- Minimum of 7 years' experience, preferably in Wealth Management or a relevant field.
- Bachelor's degree. Graduate degree (MBA) and professional designation (CFP®, CFA) a plus.
- Possess relationships with viable “Centers of Influence” and have a demonstrated track record of success in leveraging these relationships.
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to pursue new business opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills with well-honed presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust from a broad group of constituents including corporate executives, financial intermediaries, trusted advisors, and others.
- Demonstrated track record in prospect engagement, pipeline management, and sales conversion.
- Proven experience in leveraging relationships and gaining trust internally and externally.
- Engaging, proactive, motivated and assertive personality.
- Proficiency with sales tools (CRM, Outlook, Word, etc.) including on remote devices.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and based on a combination of production, experience, and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Generous Profit Sharing Plan, Traditional and Roth 401(k), and up to $500 for gym reimbursement.
For consideration, please include a copy of your resume in WORD with a cover letter when you click apply.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest. The firm is dedicated to putting clients' interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients, utilizing internal experts that sub-specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, providing a personal, warm caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients, and introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value provided to clients.
The firm was recently named in The Financial Times' “FT300” - a listing of the nation's top 300 Retirement Investment Advisors for 2017.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company with over 100 billion in assets under management, where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named to Barron's “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron's state-by-state listing of “America's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors” as #51.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP®, joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm's marketing activities including a very successful program for affluent women. Karen was recently featured in Forbes' first-ever list of “America's Top Women Advisors” - she ranked #17 out of 200.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.