Private Equity Associate and Principle
Our client is a new start up private equity in Hong Kong that is under a 2 trillion dollar entity. This fund in particular currently has 150 billion USD. They have partnered with the Chinese government and looking at Pan Asia deals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Screening investment opportunities effectively in line with business unit acquisition strategy
- Lead investment teams throughout the transaction life
- Managing team members and ensuring quality and content of IC materials is at requisite levels (e.g. financial models, valuation analysis, due diligence, investment memorandums etc.)
- Lead negotiations and respective transaction documentation process while keeping Directors informed at critical junctures.
- Ensure project or program budgeted costs are not exceeded, unless for valid and approved reason provided
- Lead the monitoring of portfolio companies and value creation initiatives
- Work under Directors to manage and execute on team management initiatives (HR, Recruitment, Staffing and performance appraisals)
- Identify and deliver on internal process administration and improvement projects as agreed with Directors
- Act as deal captain to manage and lead the entire deal execution process (collaborate with internal legal, tax and finance to ensure execution process alignment) - within China UAE Fund and with internal departments of the shareholders
- Work closely with the Directors on developing new 'circles of competence' with the goal of proactively originating quality deal flow
- Participate in the sourcing and evaluation of potential new business opportunities for the Unit, including identification of targets, screening, preparation of business cases and transaction execution
- Participate in all aspects of the deal execution process, including due diligence, financial modelling, negotiation, execution and integration of transactions
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all key stakeholders, including internal / external executive management, financial and legal advisors, and participate in outreach to the broader investment community.
- Provide coaching and support to junior analysts on the team.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Degree educated in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or equivalent. MBA or CFA is preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in a top-tier investment bank, accounting firm focused on due diligence or a principal investment platform.
- Superior quantitative skills and complex financial modeling capabilities
- Proven ability to manage complex projects under significant time pressure.
- Strong business acumen with experience in critically evaluating business and investment opportunities.
- Excellent business English and Mandarin
- Strategic Thinker
- Analytical and Detail Focused
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Cultural Awareness
- Result oriented
- Coaching Mentoring
- Team Player
- Extensive travel required for the first 9 months
- Hong Kong IFC 2 location
- Bonus + Carry