Analyst / Associate, Investment Banking
ABOUT BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT
Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $250 billion in assets under management. The company has an over 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield Financial is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management (www.brookfield.com).
Brookfield Financial is seeking an Analyst or Associate to work within the Investment Banking team in London. The selected candidate will work with the equity, debt advisory, M&A and brokerage teams on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities will include: financial modelling, cash flow analysis, managing due diligence processes, underwriting analysis, assisting in the preparation of pitches, presentations, offering documentation, and supporting the group on business development initiatives. The position provides an excellent opportunity for the candidate to work for a market leader in the investment advisory services industry in a flexible, dynamic, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented environment that fosters collaboration and personal development.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Educated to degree level with a strong emphasis on math, finance or commerce and an excellent academic background
- Ideally you will have been trained within an investment banking, private equity or accounting firm and have demonstrable transaction experience
- Strong analytical capabilities, creative problem-solving abilities and financial modelling skills are essential, including an advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel as well as communication skills
- Experience of working on M&A / equity processes, debt advisory and/or debt structuring
- Real estate or financial institutions sector knowledge
- Self-motivated individual with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and client service skills
- English speaking role, second (European) language skills desirable
- Candidates will be evaluated on their business acumen and ability to creatively problem-solve, in addition to their approach to risk analysis
- Chartered Financial Analyst, accountancy qualification or MBA an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 8 July 2017.
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of application consider your application unsuccessful.