Investment Operations Analyst
My client a city based financial services advisor are looking to recruit an Investment Operations Analyst to ensure the timely and accurate calculation, analysis, and reporting of investment performance data for all portfolios of assigned clients. You will also maintain the static and dynamic data within the Wealth Platform, ensure the timely and accurate processing of transactions and that all positions are reconciled daily/monthly.
Institutional and Investment Management (I&IM), a division of the firm, is an investment processing service group that provides back office accounting, performance and reporting support to Asset Management, Insurance, Wealth Management, Pension Funds and REIT clients. The UK I&IM team are searching for an Investment Operations Analyst to support their Wealth clients both domestically and internationally.
* Daily and monthly reconciliation of investment portfolios with custodian banks.
* Trade support - Matching, trade settlement and confirmation, SWIFT.
* Middle Office support.
* Perform daily and monthly calculation, reconciliation, control and outlier reporting of performance for assigned client's portfolios, and benchmarks.
* Update security and portfolio level class schemes and properties.
* Prepare and analyse monthly and quarterly performance.
* Prepare and analyse monthly client reporting.
* Create and update composite benchmarks.
* Verify and maintain security static and dynamic data.
* Verify and maintain portfolio static and dynamic data.
* Trade capture.
* Address ad hoc inquiries from the client/custodian banks including wealth related topics, trade support and performance analysis such as providing explanations of performance fluctuations and anomalies.
* Identify inefficiencies in the current production processes and make recommendations on how to improve them.
* Work in partnership with product teams to resolve issues and improve overall processes.
* Maintain internal client support logs.
* Documentation of processes.
* Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
* Client reporting experience within Private Client environment.
* Previous investment operations experience within a Back Office or Middle Office within a Wealth Manager or Asset Management Firm.
* Previous trade support and experience in SSI's and SWIFT.
* Strong knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as Equity, Fixed Income, Collectives and Derivatives.
* Investment life cycle knowledge.
* Good experience of performance measurement and analysis tasks.
* Proven ability to meet strict periodic deliverables.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
* Completed or progressing towards professional level qualifications with CISI, CFA or other relevant body.
o Minimum - IAQ / IOC / IMC / CFA level 1.
o Ability to forge relationships with clients, internal departments, partnerships and key vendors.
o Attention to detail.
o Develop and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
o Client focused orientation.
* Experience using Sylvan and Pages.
* Finance related degree.
* Experience within system implementations, client onboarding.