- Responsible for fundamental research analysis on investment grade and high yield issuers domiciled in North America, including those with debt issued in non-US markets and denominated in non-dollar currencies
- Assume ownership of assigned industries across the ratings grade (specific industry assignment to be decided based on experience). Knowledge of covered industries from a global perspective is a significant plus.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of issuer investment ideas (drawing upon a combination of fundamental research and valuation) to be used in the investment process for a series of dedicated credit mandates and funds (including absolute return, total return, buy and hold and insurance portfolios).
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of fundamentals-driven stability ratings for use in Money Market Funds.
- Form and maintain strong relationships with Credit Portfolio Managers and other internal Credit Analysts in our other geographic regions.
- Monitor personal picks and pans as well as portfolio positions, so as to advise on changes in views in real time.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Analytical skills: Identifies all aspects of a subject and examines them in a critical way to construct a broad point of view. Individual is driven by the desire to learn.
- Ability to summarize: Identifies and presents key information. Gives his /her point of view by structuring and summing up all useful elements. Shows the ability to put things in perspective, and is able to support opinions under the scrutiny of peer review.
- Results Driven: Seeks to achieve the objectives set within the defined timeframe, by acting with tenacity and by balancing costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and /or across teams, acts with understanding of common interests and respect for fellow team members.
- Communication Skills: Expresses his/her message, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate for the audience being addressed.
- Integrity: Acts ethically, in compliance with what is communicated, while respecting the company's values and rules.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Five to ten-plus years of credit analysis experience.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental credit analysis, including ability to research industries, competitive position, financial statements and financial notes. Strong credit analysis skills, particularly in company financial statement analysis and ability to conduct due diligence for portfolio companies. Experience in total return environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with modeling companies through cycles. Experience should include intensive analysis of company financial reports, such as annual reports, 10K, 20F, and quarterly/semiannual financial reports.
- Must be comfortable with mathematical concepts and financial modeling, as well as accounting rules and procedures. Strong quantitative skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline. Master's degree a plus. CFA will be considered a significant plus.
- Knowledge of French also a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world's major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 580 billion in assets as at 31 March 2017, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 600 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.