Manager / Associate Director - Financial Services Industry - Risk Advisory - Hong Kong
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients in China. We are one of the leading professional services providers with 19 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan and Xiamen in China. We have nearly 13,500 people working on a collaborative basis to serve clients, subject to local applicable laws.
Deloitte drives progress. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
About Risk Advisory
Risk management covers many areas including security and privacy, reputation and control. Our professionals help clients across many industries flag, analyze, evaluate and manage strategic and operational risks while discovering opportunities to create value. If you want to make an impact by helping clients to prevent and manage risk-related issues while creating significant value to their business this may be your chance.
Business Risks team offers enterprise risk management and governance services, strategic risk advisory services, internal control consulting service, contract risk & compliance services, crisis management services, treasury management services for our clients from various industries, mainly focus on energy & resources, manufacturing, real estates, consumer business, pharmaceutical, and TMT industries.
Technology Risks team helps our clients to improve business confidence, manage and address information technologies related risks and ensure early warning mechanisms are in place through providing comprehensive information technologies related risk consulting services for a wide industries.
Financial Services Industry team offers the structured enterprise risk management solutions to our clients under the regulation requests of China's financial regulatory authorities, associating our professional analytical skills with our understanding of the clients and the market. Nowadays the team mainly focuses on the service to global financial industry, including banks, securities, insurance, investment sectors and so on.
Automotive Advisory service focus on auto industry to provide strategic, operation and risk management consulting for our clients.
To cope with expanding opportunities in the banking and finance industry, our Hong Kong Risk Advisory team is seeking talented individuals with the commitment and enthusiasm to succeed to join us as Senior Consultant and Analyst. The openings are highly suited to individuals with sound financial knowledge seeking stimulating challenges and wishing to broaden their professional experience.
We are now looking for talented regulatory and risk management professionals to join us in assisting our financial services clients on governance, regulatory and risk transformation. As a part of the team, you will be involved in:
- Managing and delivering Risk Advisory projects, responsible for all aspects of project delivery including financial and staff management, review of project deliverables, and internal and client senior management liaison
- Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as managing bids, leading proposals and delivering client presentations
- Participating in eminence building initiatives to strengthen Deloitte's leading position in the provision of Risk Advisory services
- Participating in relationship building with the rest of the global Deloitte network through cross-firm engagements, business development opportunities, regional / international eminence activities, staff exchanges, etc.
- Building relationships with clients, prospective clients, regulators, and industry representative bodies. Developing ongoing relationships and leveraging these, where possible, into project opportunities
- Attracting skilled individuals to the Risk Advisory team, and developing their skills through on-the-job coaching and structured training
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
The successful candidate should possess the knowledge and experience as follows:
- Solid understanding of the evolving and complex risk and regulatory environment in the context of financial institutions
- Experience in managing teams of varied scale, capability to support transformation and change and work with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
- Industry experience from regulators / leading advisory firms / banks / exchanges / credit agencies / insurance / brokerage / private equity / asset management
- Experience in project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken business English; fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin and written Chinese would be an advantage
- Experience in working across complex matrix environments
- The ideal individual should also be international in their outlook as well as culturally sensitive; international working experience would be an advantage
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting / Law / Business / Finance / Economics / Engineering / Risk Management / Quantitative Finance, or related fields are preferred
- Professional qualification(s) such as FRM, CFA or equivalent are an advantage
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong is the DTTL member firm in China. Deloitte China practice operates in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau through Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates including Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in Mainland China, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu - Sociedade de Auditores in Macau. Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong and its affiliates operating in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau are collectively referred to as Deloitte China.