Investment Operations Specialist
This position is responsible for trade settlement, security master processing, daily position reconciliations, and cash management across an array of asset sectors and products. Provides operational, analytical, functional and project support to American Family portfolio managers. Responsibilities include cross-platform trade execution and settlement support, data quality control, updating databases, system maintenance, process improvements and documentation, collateral management and conducting limited research projects. Maintain on-going dialogue with portfolio managers and analysts regarding investment strategy and the investment decision-making process. Coordinates with internal and external investment managers, Performance and Risk Management, Compliance, trading counterparties, Treasury, Accounting, Information Services, Internal Controls, Auditors and AmFam`s custodians to complete work duties. Works effectively in a team environment to meet overall operational goals.
• Preferred candidates that have a 5 years of work experience and have experience with:
o Trade Settlement
o Position Reconciliation
o Cash Management
o Security Master Files
• Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
• Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
• Based on candidate qualifications we are open to hiring at all levels.
• Relocation assistance is available.
Trade and Related Security Master Processing (40%)
- Oversee Trade Support Services to ensure all trade breaks and issues are resolved.
- Perform data quality checks on all SMF
- Performs end of day trade review to ensure all transactions are confirmed.
- Assists Portfolio Managers in working compliance warnings and alerts.
- Assists Portfolio Managers in trade entry when appropriate.
- Assists in collateral management and securities on deposit
Order Management System (OMS) Support (30%)
- Reviews Start of Day processing results to ensure all inputs have processed and are reasonable.
- Perform daily position reconciliation between OMS and Accounting System
- Confirms external manager data has loaded and address any issues.
- Maintains broker, trade routing and standing settlement instructions.
- Coordinate New Account Setup and Account Close/Transfers.
- Coordinates any additions, deletions or changes to user entitlements.
- Identifies middle office standard and ad hoc reporting needs.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining operations procedure documentation.
Cash Management (30%)
- Works with Portfolio Managers to coordinate the transfer of cash between portfolios.
- Monitor cash balances daily for transaction and business needs.
- Enters and authorizes intraday cash transactions.
- Review daily cash reconciliation and apply adjustments.