Director, Business Development
We have an excellent opportunity for a Director, Business Development, based on the West Coast (San Francisco). Individual will lead the development of BNPP IP's business in the Western United States, across various investor types.
- Lead business development activities in Western US (territory to be determined) with specific AUM/revenue targets, from lead generation to finals presentation, and then on boarding in coordination with client service.
- Liaise with the Bank's Financial Institutions Group (FIG) coverage person when sponsoring entity is bank client or prospect, especially in the corporate assets segment
- Liaise and coordinate with consultant relations staff when a consultant is involved.
- Liaise with Bank of the West Wealth Management for distribution opportunities of our 40-act funds
- Identify and position appropriate products/strategies in the territory in conjunction with US Sales Head.
- Provide input with regard to developing new products to develop and serve US clients.
- Responsible for any other tasks requested by Management which are deemed necessary for the team as a whole to achieve their objectives.
- Represent the Company in front of clients, promote the Company in the market, increase presence at important events in the local marketplace and increase the overall Company visibility.
Ideal Personal Profile:
- Communication Skills: Expresses his / her messages, both orally and in writing, in an effective, organized way, which is appropriate to the audience being addressed.
- Client Focus: Does everything possible to achieve internal or external customer satisfaction by identifying the customers' needs and providing them with appropriate solution taking into account the company's ethics and interests.
- Creativity and Innovation: Knows how to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and / or the organization.
- Commercial Attitude: Actively takes advantage of sales opportunities by targeting the customers' needs. Undertakes actions which have a direct financial benefit for the organization.
- Networking: Seeks and maintains contacts and good relations which can be useful both in the short and long term
- Teamwork: Knows how to work in a team and / or across teams, acts bearing common interests and respect for fellow team members in mind.
Academic Background and Experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience in institutional asset management sales.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Finance preferred.
- CFA charter holder and /or MBA preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).