Credit Research Analyst - Real Estate/Structured - Chicago
You will be based in our Chicago office, where you will use your superior analytical expertise and extensive capital markets experience to formulate and underpin security selection recommendations. You will work in close collaboration with your local and global colleagues across Aviva Investors, specifically credit fund managers and fellow credit research analysts, as well as further teams in Fixed Income and in other Liquid Markets businesses.
Aviva Investors is a trusted global fixed income investor with £224bn* of assets under management across the full fixed income spectrum. We have 89 investment professionals spread across 6 global locations and we offer a diverse range of products, including: developed market (sovereign, government related, and corporate); emerging market (sovereign, government related, and corporate); liquidity and multi-strategy (broad market) fixed income.
* As at 30 September 2016
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking fundamental credit and relative value analyses as well as strategic research in your covered sectors, informing investment-grade, high-yield, liquidity and multi-asset fund management decisions
- Working collaboratively with credit research colleagues, credit fund managers, and other teams in Fixed Income and other Liquid Market businesses to formulate and underpin security selection recommendations
- Monitoring the performance of research recommendations and undertaking follow-up analyses to determine whether fund holdings remain consistent with fund-specific investment strategies
- A university degree in business administration with a concentration in finance or, alternatively, a university degree in a related discipline, especially if complemented by a directly relevant professional qualification and extensive capital markets experience
- A professional qualification with a focus on finance, such as a CFA degree, is desirable, especially for candidates without an educational background in finance
- Significant capital markets experience, preferably in asset management, with evidence of having delivered investment ideas and strategic research that consistently produced superior risk-adjusted returns
- Extensive experience in real estate or related structured finance sectors is desirable
- A proven ability to develop spreadsheet-based credit risk and fixed income pricing models in a timely manner
- Highly-developed problem solving, decision making and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A strong innate curiosity about companies, industries and economies, combined with an already extensive generalist knowledge base and a desire for life-long learning
- An energetic, self-directed, self-motivated personality with an independent and engaging forward-thinking mind
- A truly professional character, upholding the highest professional standards
About Aviva Investors:
Aviva Investors are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent solutions are based entirely around our Clients objectives, not ours. Whether our clients are looking for a standard product or something completely bespoke, they can access world-class expertise. Our aim is to retain business with named clients by providing a high level of service.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we'll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Diversity
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.