Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Commodities Markets - Senior Manager
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the changing economic and regulatory environment.
An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You can also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements. Similarly, you can anticipate and identify risks and inform senior members of the team about significant issues and findings. You can identify that provided work is of high quality and reviewed by the managers. As an influential member of the team, you can help to create a positive learning culture through coaching and counseling junior team members and helping them to develop their potential. You can have an appropriate opportunity to initiate and build a new business; engaging with clients, bringing them benefit from our insights, creativity and energy.
Your key responsibilities
· Focused on clients active in trading energy, metals, agriculture, chemical and related products;
· Bring future thinking on leading methodologies and business models to develop new and innovative capabilities and service offerings;
· Market-facing involvement with key clients; participate in selling, closing and delivering client engagements;
· Have full understanding of the commercial aspect of running this business;
· Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, and recommend internal controls which will assist with mitigating risks, and related opportunities for process and control improvement.
Skills and attributes for success
· With a strong background and knowledge of commodity trading and related topics;
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to develop robust and enduring relationships with stakeholders;
· Demonstrate perseverance and passion for growing the CM business while building highest-performing teams;
· Travel to build relationships within the organization and within the market.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Minimum 8-10 years of consulting and/or audit experience within a professional services environment
· Demonstration of a substantial history working as a Consulting professional in the Commodities field (energy, gas, metals) with a strong track record and professional credibility in assisting clients drive business value, managing a diverse client/project portfolio. This will include experience in the commodities trading sector within an audit, consulting, technology, outsourcing function or industry roles in commodities trading sector
· A practical, pragmatic leadership style that can both shape the strategy and successfully navigate execution through the political and regulatory complexities of a global organization
Ideally, you'll also have
· CFA, Energy Risk Professional (ERP), CIA, CPA or other relevant industry recognized certification;
· Successfully worked in a highly matrixed organization that has kept pace with the growth and evolution of a similar practice, especially at consulting and/or specialty organizations that have experienced significant growth in headcount (organic and via acquisitions) plus a variety of business models.
What we look for
· An outstanding leader to a critical practice & important priority to EY growth strategy;
· Highly developed relationships with key finance organizations; collaborated, partnered and acted as a valued team member, both with internal and external stakeholders;
· Capable of harvesting EYs intellectual property (appropriate offerings and heritage) and vast industry knowledge into commercially viable product and service offerings; must bring a pragmatic approach to balancing all of EY client-service interests while driving results to achieve desired FAAS growth objectives.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional c
ommerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, professionals and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we can make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.