Equity Analyst (Delaware Small & Mid Cap Growth Funds)
Macquarie Investment Management is a global asset manager with offices throughout the US, Europe, Asia, and Australia. As active managers, we prioritize autonomy and accountability at the team level in pursuit of opportunities that matter for clients. Our conviction-based, long-term approach has led institutional and individual clients to entrust us to manage US$256.9 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2016. Macquarie Investment Management is a division of Macquarie Asset Management, a global asset manager with US$362.1 billion in assets under management as of Dec. 31, 2016.
The Delaware Investments Small and Mid Cap Growth team invests primarily in common stocks of growth-oriented companies that its portfolio manager believes have long-term capital appreciation potential and expect to grow faster than the U.S. economy. The portfolio manager particularly seeks equity securities of small-capitalization companies as well as mid-sized companies.
- Undertaking generalist fundamental research on equities
- Analyzing economic and corporate trends
- Building and maintaining financial models in order to analyze company earnings, cash flow, and balance sheet characteristics
- Presenting investment recommendations to the portfolio manager
- Assisting in client service and business development through participation in client and marketing presentations
- At least 3 years (up to 10 years) of overall experience in Equity Research, as a Generalist
- Prior buy-side investment-related experience
- Prior experience in a Growth oriented investing team
- MBA and/or CFA preferred but not required
- Demonstrates aptitude in fundamental analysis and financial modeling
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong numerical and analytical ability
- Strong team orientation and willingness to collaborate, take guidance from other team members and share insights
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.