This position requires an analytical, detail oriented professional who can:
- Serve as a product advocate at client meetings, prospective client meetings (including finals presentations), consultant meetings and industry conferences
- Develop and maintain a variety of different types of materials to support new business development, existing business and other specific product management initiatives and responsibilities
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Serve as a product specific contact for clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, trading activity, portfolio valuation and risk metrics
- Continually building understanding of underlying market factors to complete more qualitative, complex investment analyses
- Effectively utilize tools such as Excel spreadsheets, macros, and query tools, along with internet sites, both public and private. Knowledge on Bloomberg, Yield book, Morgan Markets, Barclays Live is a plus
- Support the Account Management team through the provision of market and portfolio data
- Analyse portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution
- Handle ongoing automation of growing reporting requirements and streamlining of the reporting process
- Produce ad-hoc client, consultant, auditor, & internal requests for information
- Robust knowledge on macroeconomics, fixed income and derivative instruments is a must
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
- Effective communication skill is essential given the frequent level of client interaction
- Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet customer needs; go beyond normal job responsibilities to indirectly satisfy the customer
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of the firm.
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required.
- Have the desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role)
- Strong commitment to embrace the company's culture, values and approach
Must possess at least an Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Economics and demonstrate an interest in progressing toward a CFA.
Fluency in English & Cantonese (oral & written)
- Three to four years of finance-related experience preferred (ideally in the fixed income or investment management)
- College internships in a financial, client-oriented role will be considered in lieu of employment experience. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income markets and macroeconomics, currency and derivative instruments.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (VBA knowledge an advantage)
- Comfortable with software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg.