Head of Global Equity Beta Solutions Asia ex Japan (Indexed Equities)
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
A pioneer in index investing, State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) today is one of the world's largest beta managers and delivers customised, cost-effective index equity strategies to institutional investors worldwide. Indexing is the foundation of SSGA's investment management business with USD 1.4 trillion in assets under management. While traditional index strategies remain the core of our business, the Global Equity Beta Solutions (GEBS) team manages many non-traditional beta strategies such as factor-based tilted portfolios, a variety of socially responsible portfolios based on environmental, social and governance concerns, and even hedge replication strategies. The global team consists of 60 plus Portfolio Managers in 5 investment centres in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
The position is to lead the GEBS Hong Kong Portfolio Management team and to be part of the leadership team in the Hong Kong office. You will be responsible for overseeing the management of all GEBS client portfolios and accountable for mandate performance.
You will be working with the senior management of the Asia ex Japan business to grow and maintain the business, and will have significant interaction with clients and we would expect you to be visible in the industry overall.
- Leading and structuring portfolios and resolving trading activity to ensure that portfolios replicate the returns of the appropriate benchmarks.
- Conduct quantitative research to support new product development, process improvement, and strategy related issues.
- Ultimate accountability for performance of mandates the team manages
- Act as a business partner to Asia ex-Japan team to develop new business opportunities in GEBS
- Presenting to prospects, clients and consultants
- Provide management oversight at the level of an SFC Responsible Officer
- Degree qualified with a financial or mathematical discipline
- MBA, CFA or post graduate degree would be considered an advantage
- Leading equity portfolios, preferably as an index manager or similar systematic investment approach, for at least 10 years
- Meet the necessary requirements and be ready to take on the role of Responsible Officer under HK SFC regulations for portfolio management and advisory activities i.e. 3 of the last 6 years direct experience undertaking or handling these activities (or 5 years out of last 8 depending on your academic qualifications) in addition to a minimum of 2 years people management experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Management and leadership skills
- The ability to write thought pieces for internal and external consumption