The successful candidate will work as part of the Europe dividend research team. Members are responsible for providing dividend forecasts for a portfolio of stocks, through in-depth research and financial analysis of company fundamentals. Analysts are also responsible for providing ad-hoc customer-driven research, thematic reports, and customer support.
Duties & accountabilities
- Analysis of company fundamentals to provide dividend forecasts for European stocks
- Provision of research on equity fundamentals, financial statements and market announcements
- Generation of dividend research papers at a sector, country and regional level
- Monitor news flow to assess the impact of market events on companies and their dividends
- Forecast dividend payment schedules
- A keen awareness of the impact dividends forecasts have on the value of equity derivatives
- Respond to daily client demands with bespoke analysis
- Building relationships with investor relations departments at companies within coverage
Education and experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Italian, German or third language advantageous
- Candidates will be degree educated
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Prior experience with SQL or VBA preferable
- CFA or equivalent post-graduate study desirable
- Keen interest in financial news, market events and their implications
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of equity derivatives
- Able to organise and self-manage, including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and a meticulous eye for identifying inconsistencies or inaccuracies in data entry or data outputs
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, remaining calm in demanding circumstances
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Confident speaking directly with both customers and investor relations departments
- First class report writing skills, ability to develop and present ideas
- A willingness to contribute to the continued development of the team
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.