Director, Investor Insights
The Director - Investor Insights is primarily responsible for clearly communicating views and expertise of MFS's investment teams. This person leads the development of investment content for institutional and retail businesses around the globe and helps to establish MFS as a thought leader across investment topics consistent with our expertise, brand and client interests. He / she writes and edits content for white papers, market commentary, marketing materials, presentation and digital properties. The Director may lead a team of content specialists in a player/coach capacity and establishes the MFS voice and editorial style across investment-related thought leadership efforts. Using discretion and judgment, will work side by side with our institutional, sub-advisory and retail relationship management and sales teams around the world to understand client challenges and issues which would inform the direction of MFS's thought leadership efforts.
- Responsible for executing the MFS thought leadership agenda within the Investor Insights subject area of the Investment Solutions department. Organizes working groups with content and client experts. Communicates project pipeline. Manages outside vendors and resources required to deliver end results.
- Researches, writes and edits investment content in the form of white papers, presentations, conference materials, market commentaries and investment communications. Conducts analytical research in support of investment ideas. Communicates complex financial concepts through compelling and simple visuals and written word.
- Lead the positioning of MFS's investment capabilities working closely with Global Product and the investment department. This would involve articulating the client rationale for the capability as well MFS's positioning of products relative to client needs and objectives.
- Provides content and editorial consulting to internal distribution groups in identifying appropriate content and positioning ideas for various events globally. Will also develop presentations, writing, copyediting, proof-reading and project management. Leads and refines MFS voice and editorial style across firm for published investment content.
- Cultivates rapport with investment team based on knowledge of investment trends and ability to communicate complex financial concepts to a broad range of audiences. Leverages and connects existing content, research, scripts, and other material to MFS thought leadership agenda.
- Collaborates with distribution colleagues from Sales, Marketing, Product and Relationship Management to understand client insights and issues. Works with the other Directors within the department to respond with thought leadership content pertinent to clients both within the Investor Insights as well as Capital Markets and Client/Industry Insights subject areas.
- Develops content that leads and challenges common market perspectives. Builds consensus in positioning across business areas.
- May lead a team in a player/coach capacity that is expected to develop and maintain deep subject matter expertise by participating and presenting at conferences, networking, researching and analyzing competitor perspectives.
- Develop training tools, videos, white papers and discussion guides to enhance MFS's distribution expertise and dialog with clients related to the Investor Insights subject area.
- Performsadditional duties as requested.
- BA/BS in English, Economics, Finance or Marketing.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional research and writing experience, including at least 5 years at an asset management company, or an agency serving the investment industry.
- Exceptional writing skills and demonstrated proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Editing and proofreading experience; management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of investments, markets and economic trends; ability to translate complex financial concepts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders; conveys credibility when working with investment professionals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of investment management industry, client issues across retail and institutional channels.
- Expertise with traditional asset classes is required and familiarity with alternatives is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively andmanage multiple taskssimultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills required.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.