The Inspection's North American Hub is part of BNP Paribas' global Internal Audit group (Inspection Générale) which is staffed by highly qualified and diverse individuals who perform risk-based reviews of the Business, providing assurance, and when adequate advice management to anticipate and understand otherwise unexpected risks and put in place the adequate mitigating controls.
Inspection Générale is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards, notably the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA). Inspection Générale also assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry.
The function reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to stakeholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
In summary, Inspection Générale helps senior management to protect the company's reputation by avoiding financial and reputational damage. Where it is too late to prevent failure, the team investigates the problem, helps management deal with the after effects and establish guards against re-occurrence.
Headquartered in New York, the North America Hub has primary audit responsibility for BNP Paribas' Corporate and Investment Banking activities in the United States and Canada.
Inspection Générale - North America Hub (Internal Audit) is looking for an Assistant Vice President level member of the Market Activities team, predominantly responsible for the audit coverage of Global Markets or ALM Treasury.
The qualified candidate will play an active role in the Internal Audit team, performing risk-based audit reviews to identify issues and recommend solutions. The successful candidate will join a team of high caliber professionals from diverse backgrounds (Risk, Product Control, Internal/External Audit, Middle Office, Consulting and Financial Control) and will get exposure to a full range of Capital Markets Products and Services. In addition to on the job training, each team member receives up to 10 days of internal and external training every year and funding for professional qualifications.
This opportunity offers high levels of senior exposure within an elite and established environment presenting great scope for career progression. The team has also a solid track record of internal mobility within the business after a few years spent in audit. The role reports to an Audit Director.
• Acquire a good level of understanding of the audited activities by showing initiative
• Employ qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to analyse activities and processes using the BNP Paribas Audit Methodology and Tools
• Add value to the Firm by raising interesting findings and recommending solutions and following through until complete and sustainable remediation
• Document audit memorandums, findings & recommendations and presentations in a clear and concise format in line with internal standards
• Deliver clear presentations to Senior Management and Internal Audit Management
• Follow up on Internal Audit and Regulatory findings with the business through to complete and sustainable remediation
• Monitor issues and trends throughout the year with the goal of developing and communicating a view as to the design and effectiveness of the processes and controls as well as emerging risks and concerns
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key executives in business areas and corporate functions in order to facilitate the execution of the audit plan and the sharing of observations, information and ideas
• Remain current with industry views, prevailing practices and regulatory requirements so as to adapt the audit methodology and approach as appropriate
• Adopt and promote good ethical values
• Bachelor's degree or foreign education equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• 5+ years of professional experience either performing internal audits or direct or indirect management of market, counterparty or operational risk within the capital markets sector
• Solid understanding of the regulatory environment with respect to the Federal Reserve Bank, FINRA, and SEC
• Proficient understanding of internal audit or risk identification processes including identifying and evaluating key risks, setting the audit scope, developing audit testing, and managing staff assignments
• A team player that supports the broader audit function by leveraging their knowledge to the best use of the Firm
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to provide clear and comprehensive written and verbal presentations
• Ability to work in high pressure environments under tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate complicated business and technical ideas clearly and visually to senior management and other stakeholders
• Advanced degree (Masters preferred) in a business discipline; finance or financial engineering
• Experience with models either related to valuations or risk & stress testing
• CFA, FRM, CQF or CPA qualifications