Assistant Vice President- Credit Analyst (Asset Manager- Real Money)
• Perform credit analyses on Asset manager counterparties identifying major strengths and weaknesses via a review of investment strategies, underlying account types, leverage, performance history, and risk management practices.
• Write and present credit reviews on As Agents, regulated funds, pension plans, endowments and other financial institutions to appropriate credit committees.
• Monitor creditworthiness of assigned counterparties on an ongoing basis by review of NAV disclosures, investment guidelines and performance and proactively identify any deterioration in credit quality.
• Maintain good and open relationships with customers via due diligence visits, periodic phone and/or personal contact.
• Work with other support areas within the bank (e.g. legal, credit administration, collateral management, etc.) to ensure that the provisions of legal documents protect the bank and reflect the terms of the credit approval.
• Risk and approve trades ensuring appropriate margin is collected (when needed) and exposures remain within credit limits.
• Effectively handle multiple tasks through prioritization of requests (in conjunction with immediate supervisor) and sound organizational skills.
• Work on other special projects and initiatives as needed.
• BA/BS required.
• 5 + years of relevant work experience; previous experience with fundamental credit analysis/Asset Managers preferred
• Fluent in English:
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good understanding of Capital Markets trading products, particularly in equity, fixed income and the derivatives space
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive, with the ability to multi-task
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• MBA, CFA or CPA designation a plus.
• Not required.