Junior Analyst/Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Chase Investment Counsel Corporation
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- Salary is dependent on background and prior experience.
- 24 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant
- Industry Sector
- Private Wealth Management Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Junior Analyst/Assistant Portfolio Manager reports to the President and serves on the investment team. This position plays an integral role in the firm’s investment management, client service, and business development processes. The primary responsibility is conducting fundamental analysis of stocks for the firm’s large, mid, and all-cap strategy portfolios. Additional responsibilities include regular reviews of client portfolios with respect to asset allocation in light of client investment objectives and risk tolerances, participation in client meetings for enhanced client relationships, and developing new business through networking and relationship building.
We seek a highly personable, dynamic, versatile, and dedicated team player who will effectively support our current client base and be part of the continued growth of the firm. The successful candidate should expect to:
- Communicate exceptionally in both oral and written communications with both internal and external audiences.
- Learn all aspects of the firm’s investment process, understand how this position integrates within the process and contribute to the regular assessment of the effectiveness of the process.
- Collaborate with the entire staff on managing client relationships to ensure we are providing the highest level of service to clients.
- Engage within the community and personal network to develop new business.
Skills and Attributes:
The successful candidate must be eager to support our team in serving a long-standing client base as well as engaging new prospects. Interested candidates must demonstrate excellent communications skills, versatility, ability to learn quickly, intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, entrepreneurial spirit, optimistic outlook, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic experience in banking, investments or the financial field: At least two years of relevant experience and a thorough grounding in basic finance and fundamental analysis.
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree in finance/business administration preferred and/or MBA, CFA, or similar designation.
- Willingness to pursue CFA and/or CMT designation
- Must be willing to report to work in our Charlottesville, Virginia office (remote work is available periodically but we prefer our in-person team environment).
Organizational chemistry and fit are of the utmost importance to us and will be determined during the interview process. In addition, the applicant for this position must be willing to undergo a Key Trait assessment to help determine organizational fit.