Senior Equity Analyst
- TIAA , FSB
- Charlotte, North Carolina (US)
- Salary Plus Bonus
- 22 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Large Cap Core Equity team of the TIAA Investment Management Group seeks an experienced Senior Equity Analyst (buy-side) to join a seasoned and successful investment team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The following is a summary of essential job functions. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time:
- Initiate and sustain deep-dive fundamental equity analysis of publicly traded securities.
- Generate strong and consistent alpha applying a bottom-up, fundamental investment process.
- Experience covering the Technology and Communication Services, Financials, Healthcare, Energy or Consumer sectors preferred but not required.
- Generate and proactively communicate investment recommendations on individual securities, as well as provide views on the attractiveness of relevant industries.
- Construct financial models and analysis on subject companies.
- Interview company management, sell-side analysts, and industry contacts via virtual and in-person meetings.
- Prepare written reports on companies under coverage.
- Recommend securities to be included in the LC Core portfolio.
- Contribute to broader thought leadership of the IMG team.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 7+ Years Required; 10+ Years Preferred
- Produce fundamental bottom-up equity investment ideas utilizing independent thought, primary research, and fact-based analysis.
- Exchanging ideas in a team setting defending the investment merits of recommended ideas.
- Ability to travel as needed to research conferences and/or client meetings.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 7+ years of professional buy-side equity analysis experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability preferred.
- 10+ years of professional buy-side equity analysis experience.
- CFA designation and/or MBA.
- Strong communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as: Microsoft Office, and/or Bloomberg.