Associate, Fund COO Team
- FS Investments
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (US)
- Compensation Includes: Base salary + discretionary, performance based bonus
- 22 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Structured Products
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Associate will join the Fund COO team, and is tasked with all business management responsibilities, including developing and executing growth initiatives within the FS Fund Families and other business verticals. The Associate will function as a partner to the business and ensure non-investment activities run appropriately and the financial performance of the funds are maximized. The ideal candidate will be a knowledgeable expert with respect to peer sets and comps, fund projections and forecasts, key drivers of performance, and the structure and key operational considerations of the funds.
The role requires communication of key financial and operating results to key internal and external stakeholders across the firm. This person must have a business mindset and help drive solutions to day-to-day issues and larger challenges. This is a highly visible role and requires candidates willing to “roll-up their sleeves” to establish models, develop presentations and business plans, and take ownership over maximizing outcomes for the funds that FS sponsors.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Serve as transformational agent across a variety of functions to drive change and efficiency.
- Help develop solutions to day-to-day issues and larger challenges facing the business.
- Own the fund budgeting and forecasting processes, including fund modeling and overall performance, capital raise and deployment assumptions, and fee and expense drivers.
- Analyze fund expenses to ensure resource optimization and funds are competitive.
- Present financial and operating results to executive management, the board of directors, and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the fund’s liquidity profile and capital structure.
- Drive the execution of strategic initiatives at the fund and business vertical.
- Assist with data integrity initiatives across the business and function as business owner for major projects across shared services departments.
- Experience with 40 Act funds with stated distributions and public filings, and a comprehensive understanding of the drivers of earnings and distribution coverage.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience in asset management, investment banking, FP&A, or corporate development preferred.
- Seasoned communication and presentation skills including presenting complex analysis.
- Strong financial modeling skill set and experience with producing presentations.
- CFA designation a plus.
- Experience with credit products and 40 Act funds a plus.
ABOUT FS INVESTMENTS
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Kansas City, KS. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.