Client Relationship Manager
- Chicago, Illinois
- Salary Commensurate With Experience
- 22 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Relationship Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This position’s function is to support and strengthen the organization’s relationship with existing institutional, sub-advisory and intermediary clients by developing and executing proactive, ongoing relationship management and providing leadership to client services broadly. Its focus will be on client reporting, client engagement, account retention, ad-hoc requests, as well as relieving portfolio managers, sales, and product specialists of certain relationship management and administrative duties. This role will be based in the Chicago area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (List in order of importance; include any supervisory or management responsibilities)
- Serves as the primary manager and relationship contact for a defined number of institutional level relationships which require pro-active and high-quality client service. As the point of contact for our clients, will manage any servicing issues and concerns regarding the client service relationship.
- Maintains and enhances relationships with existing institutional, sub-advisory, and intermediary clients, and maintains ownership of client relationships.
- Provides leadership to client service team members to coordinate and assist with preparation and delivery of all monthly, quarterly, and annual materials for client and consultant research including performance reports, attribution, commentary, investment guideline and other relevant client deliverables.
- Conducts regular in-person and virtual meetings with existing clients; set regular agendas for meetings, document follow up and communicate key takeaways to all interested parties.
- Serves as an internal champion for the firm’s client service platform and manages the improvement process over time.
- Works with client stakeholders to define success metrics and determine engagement strategies.
- Regularly discusses upcoming product and service enhancements with clients.
- Promotes investment product cross-sales through client communications and discussions covering strategy, account performance, new products and market developments.
- Coordinates regular internal communications and update the service team on issues such as organizational changes, new investment guidelines and contract renewal discussions.
- Works collaboratively with internal teams – specifically: Investment teams and portfolio managers, client service, RFP, and other institutional sales members to facilitate timely responses to client requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Business Development or senior management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for the position. Other duties may be assigned from time to time by management. The percentage of time for each duty or responsibility may vary in response to business needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (education, experience, certifications, licenses and skills required)
- BA/BS degree with at least 5-7 years’ experience in institutional relationship management within investment management or a related field.
- MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
- Previous client service management responsibilities preferred.
- Ability to represent the firm in a professional manner with external clients.
- Excellent attention to details, must be highly organized, with the ability to think creatively while presenting a sense of urgency and commitment to excellence with deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally as well as independently with clients.
- Strong character with high quality standards, diplomacy, and drive.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid work environment (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work).
- Willingness to work flexible hours, meet with company executives, and travel globally based on client meeting schedules.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods, operate a computer and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Virtus and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.