Analyst, Fund COO Team
- FS Investments
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Compensation Includes: Base salary + discretionary, performance based bonus
- 22 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Structured Products
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Finance - General
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Fund COO team is tasked with all business management responsibilities, including developing and executing growth initiatives within the FS Fund Families and other business verticals. The Analyst will work across the Fund COO team and funds to perform analysis and execute projects. The analyst will become a knowledge expert with fund projections and forecasts, key drivers of performance, fund structures, 40 Act Funds, and key operational considerations of the funds.
The role requires communication of key financial and operating results to key internal and external stakeholders across the firm. This person must have a business mindset and help drive solutions to day-to-day issues and larger challenges. This is a highly visible role and requires candidates willing to “roll-up their sleeves” to establish models, develop presentations and business plans, and take ownership over maximizing outcomes for the funds that FS sponsors.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Participate in the development of solutions to day-to-day issues and larger challenges facing the investment management business.
- Produce fund budgets and forecasts, including fund modeling and overall performance, capital raise and deployment assumptions, and fee and expense drivers.
- Analyze fund expenses to ensure resource optimization and funds are competitive.
- Develop skills to prepare presentations of financial and operating results to executive management, the board of directors, and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of the fund’s liquidity profile and capital structure.
- Drive the execution of strategic initiatives at the fund and business verticals.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience as a COO or in asset management, investment banking, FP&A, or corporate development preferred.
- Seasoned communication and presentation skills including presenting complex analysis.
- Strong financial modeling skill set and experience with producing presentations.
- Academic experience in finance, accounting and engineering, or progress towards the CFA designation a plus.
- Experience with credit products and 40 Act funds a plus.
ABOUT FS INVESTMENTS
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Kansas City, KS. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.