Investment Manager - Private Markets
- The Colorado Health Foundation
- Denver, Colorado (US)
- $163,100 - $195,700
- 20 Mar 2023
- 07 Apr 2023
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Asset Owner, Consulting Firm, Finance - General
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Foundation is happy to announce an opening for the position of Investment Manager – Private Markets. This position works directly with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), and as part of a small team, in the oversight and management of the Foundation’s Managed Investment Portfolio (MIP), a global diversified portfolio of public and private investments. The Investment Manager will assist in the due diligence, selection, and monitoring of investment opportunities in the MIP.
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
-We serve Coloradans who have less power, privilege and income, and prioritize Coloradans of color.
-We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
-We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
Candidates must have a personal commitment and connection with our mission and cornerstones; work well in ambiguity and managing change; and proactively identify opportunities to advance our mission while remaining grounded in the day-to-day responsibilities. They will need to be able to apply principles of health equity and racial justice across all of their investment work.
The manager plays an important role in MIP oversight and management.
- Collaborating with the CIO, Investment Consultant, and other service providers on the evaluation of new investment strategies across buyout, growth, venture capital, special situations, real estate, infrastructure, and other private market opportunities.
- Providing document preparation and oversight in coordination with outside counsel
- Monitoring existing investment managers
- Sourcing investment opportunities and funds
- Conducting due diligence regarding potential investment initiatives
- Conduct research and analysis on a variety of investment topics such as strategic asset allocation, portfolio stress testing, tactical investment strategies, asset class reviews, and secondary sales to manage exposures
- Preparation of reports and investment recommendations for staff and board committee
Qualified candidates must have at a minimum:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ experience at an endowment, foundation, or similar allocator role
- Solid analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative investment evaluation
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively, within a team, and across multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- High level of professional integrity demonstrated through past professional roles
- Ability to travel two to five days a month, domestic and international
In addition to the above requirements, an advanced degree in finance and/or CFA is preferred.
It’s an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.7 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. The Foundations benefits are robust and include heavily subsidized medical premiums, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The Foundation also provides relocation assistance. The starting range for this position is $163,100 - $195,700 paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits. At the current time, there is no bonus structure associated with this position.
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. You must currently reside in, or be willing to relocate to, the Denver Metro Area for this position. We work on a hybrid schedule of three days in-office (required) and two days remote. No full-time remote is available. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions.
This position closes on 4/7/23.
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.