- First Light Asset Management
- Edina, Minnesota
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and comprehensive benefits.
- 20 Mar 2023
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side, Performance Analysis
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Firm Description: First Light Asset Management is an employee-owned asset management firm located in Edina, MN with multiple investment products focused primarily on publicly traded health care companies. Since its founding in September 2013, First Light has grown to eleven employees, featuring a five-person investment team with more than nine decades of experience and an exceptional track record of identifying innovative and disruptive solutions across the spectrum of health care subsectors. First Light employs a rigorous bottom-up fundamentally driven investment process to balance risk and return, which historically has enabled the firm to function as an excellent steward of its clients’ capital.
Position Description: Research analysts are responsible for supporting the investment team by conducting due diligence around potential and current investments, generating industry research, and maintaining financial models. Research analysts must have a strong interest in the health care industry and public equity markets. Any applicant must be open to developing expertise in different subsectors within health care.
- Work in partnership with First Light’s senior research analysts to conduct company and industry research in the areas of medical devices, life science tools, diagnostics, health care information technology, and health care services.
- Create and maintain financial models and valuation analyses.
- Update and maintain analytical tools and processes to enable real time trend analysis.
- Complete detailed diligence of clinical trial designs, statistical plans, and regulatory outcome probabilities.
- Communicate investment information and analysis to internal colleagues.
- Meet with company management teams and interview physicians, researchers, reimbursement experts, company customers, suppliers and competitors.
- Write company specific reports, competitive analysis assessments and outline investment implications.
- Conduct company visits and attend trade shows, industry and medical conferences.
- Comply with firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative in conducting research.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong candidates will have a demonstrated interest in investing and a record of professional, academic and personal achievement.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding quantitative and organizational skills.
- Strong research background.
- Strong financial modeling experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to travel for work.
- Bachelor’s degree required.