Senior Credit Risk Manager - Portugal
- Lisbon (PT)
- to be defined
- 10 Mar 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- Credit Analysis, Risk Management
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Sobre a vaga
ABOUT THE ROLE
Create and manage credit risk management framework to maintain balance between risk and reward to continuously grow a predictable and profitable retail credit portfolio.
Build and manage the credit policy and procedures for targeting, underwriting and life cycle management of credit products like unsecured personal loans and credit cards.
Ensure continuous monitoring and validation of the credit decision outcomes and MIS availability.
Lead the initiative for preventive and reactive actions towards any micro and macro factors impacting portfolio credit performance and profitability.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Developing credit strategies to launch new products by conducting in-market tests to define the right product market fit, target customer segments and conceptualise tests and accelerate innovation by experimentation
- Experience in developing account level valuation frameworks to develop underwriting credit policies using NPV framework to optimise portfolio level economic returns
- Strong experience in making data driven decisions with especial focus on marginal decision making
- Experience in portfolio management, which includes but is not limited to credit limit management, risk based pricing, retention strategies, overlimit policies etc.
- Have a good business intuition on Risk adjusted return requirements & overall is able to manage / adjust the portfolio returns as more / new data comes into light
- Support the annual budget, forecast and planning processes, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative selection and assessment, preparation of the plan, from concept to delivery
- Track, communicate and draw insights from the performance of ongoing initiatives & be on top of all credit KPI’s through intensive monitoring
- Identify operational inefficiencies and manage the implementation of small scale change within the Credit function
- Partnering with engineers, PM, data scientists, designers etc. to coordinate and prioritise business decisions
- Ensure approval and good rating of first line credit risk function from second line, third line and regulators
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Proven track record of managing through the cycle credit risk for retail credit products like credit cards, unsecured personal loans etc.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably Masters or higher) in an quantitative/analytical stream like engineering, statistics, Physics, math, economics or management degree from a top university
- Solid understanding of credit policy governance framework and is able to work through 2nd/3rd line of defence in a competent manner
- Delivers excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Solid understanding of credit as well as behavioural scoring models esp. for retail credit products
- Generally clear, concise and structured and is able to explain complex concepts in simple manner
- Deep thinker capable of processing a lot of information towards most optimal decision making
- Understands the value of speed to market and is able to balance between elegant problem solving and business need of the hour
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, R and Python etc preferable & other data analysis tools and also willing to learn new technology to help business scale