Investment Operations Specialist, Trust Advisory Group (TAG)
- Callan LLC
- Portland, Oregon
- $70,000-85,000 annually
- 09 Mar 2023
- 08 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant, Management Consulting, Operations
- Industry Sector
- Consulting Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Trust Advisory Group (TAG), Callan’s asset management division, specializes in the design, implementation, and on-going management and monitoring of multi-manager portfolios for institutional investors. The Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting day to day operational functions and reporting related to Callan’s various investment strategies and outsourced CIO (“OCIO”) mandates.
Please note: This position will be based in our Portland, Oregon office, working a hybrid schedule. Our day-to-day environment is changing due to COVID-19, and Callan is committed to prioritizing your safety. Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to these changes, as required.
- The Operations Specialist will assist in the following processes:
- Overseeing the direction of asset flow for capital calls, rebalancing efforts, and fund inflow or outflow for TAG’s various investment strategies and client relationships
- Monitoring assets and fund values on a daily basis to make sure funds are within rebalancing ranges and guidelines
- Creating and maintaining Fund Fact Sheets for investment products managed by Callan
- Producing and verifying monthly and quarterly client statements
- Updating various industry databases with relevant product information
- Creating internal reports and analysis for all TAG investment strategies
- Researching and collecting various security-level information and other relevant data pertaining to Callan’s investment structures from Callan’s internal systems, Bloomberg or other financial data sources
- Collecting data and calculating performance for all of TAG’s investment strategies and sub-advisors
- Providing support and review for fund or client financial reporting requirements, such as annual audited financial statements, fund audits and client Form 5500 filings.
- Provide administrative support to senior-level members of the group
- Respond to ad hoc client requests and projects
Job Skills & Requirements
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and prioritize appropriately while meeting numerous deadlines of varying periodicity (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly etc.)
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality, accurate work
- Excellent task management, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured and professional environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance Mathematics, Statistics, or related field of concentration, or equivalent experience
- Ideal candidate has 2-5 years' professional experience
- Familiarity with and interest in the investment markets and industry is a must
- 2-4 years of experience preferred, particularly in the investment industry
Compensation, Benefits & Training
At Callan, you can expect:
- A generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical/dental/vision benefits, monthly communications stipend, tuition assistance, and more
- Training for all Callan databases, research, and other systems
- Access to team-building events, community outreach opportunities, and wellness events
As an employee-owned firm, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners.
Visit www.callan.com/careers to learn more about Callan’s culture, benefits, and more.
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $3 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has roughly 200 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S. Learn more about us at www.callan.com.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.