Investment Product Specialist
- ICM Asset Management Corporation
- Calgary (City), Alberta (CA)
- 06 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant, Management Consulting, Marketing and Public Relations, Other, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Relationship Management, Risk Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Asset Owner, Finance - General, Private Wealth Management Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the CEO and to the President, the Investment Product Specialist will support ICM’s breadth of investment funds with a goal of accelerating the achievement of client and business objectives. The successful candidate will be an important contributing member of a dynamic product and marketing team at a growing alternative investment manager. The candidate will draw on their investment industry experience to think proactively and critically. This includes the development of compelling product narratives that focus on investor outcomes. This cross departmental role requires working closely with the Investment Management, Marketing, and Sales teams.
As the subject matter expert for ICM’s lineup of investment products, the Investment Product Specialist is a key contributor to the firm’s product creation, launch, marketing, and sales efforts. The individual is responsible for delivering product information and insight to various stakeholders across the organization to effectively position and promote the firm’s investment strategies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the investment philosophy, process, and performance for the firm’s investment lineup, and act as the subject matter expert and primary contact for investment product and portfolio management-related questions both within the firm and with ICM’s external investors and capital raising channels.
- Support ICM’s institutional and intermediary distribution partners through creation and circulation of product related insights, marketing presentations, quarterly commentaries, market updates and additional value add materials.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team members across investment management, marketing, operations, legal, compliance and others, to deliver against organization’s strategic objectives.
- Manage due diligence questions and requests from potential investors and channel partners, submit and maintain returns and other data requirements for third party reporting platforms (Morningstar, etc.).
- Review and understand legal documents related to existing and proposed investment fund structures, asset ownership structures and agreements with key partners.
- Develop appropriate product reporting and analysis to contribute to both external market positioning and distribution opportunities as well as internal management reporting and analysis. This may include the development and maintenance of data visualization dashboards and other tools for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate and liaise with Asset Management team to create compelling content for presentations for the advisor, dealer national office and institutional channel audiences, and to prepare quarterly commentaries and timely ad hoc portfolio/category insights.
- Support Marketing with content creation for marketing collateral, web content, advertising, and promotion.
- Liaise with Sales to support the team’s marketing efforts and develop content in support of new product launches.
- Monitor performance and sales trends of ICM’s strategies against industry peers and help to develop appropriate benchmarks and analysis.
- Complete special projects where required at the request of the executive team including specific research and analysis, presentation and speechwriting support, and any other similar tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The role involves being able to create impactful presentations, communications and reports in a timely fashion.
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or other complementary business disciplines relevant to the role.
- Accreditations and certifications that reflect knowledge of the investment/asset management industry such as the CFA, CAIA, CPA etc.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and asset management.
- Experience working with private equity, and alternative investments is an asset.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in the investment management, investment banking or private equity industries.
- Direct investment product management experience is ideal. Direct experience supporting retail and institutional distribution channels both domestically and internationally.
- Experience with partnership, joint venture and similar agreements related to fund and investment holding structures. Understanding of best practices including ILPA principals is helpful.
- PowerBI and SQL experience an asset in addition to strong Powerpoint, Canva and Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of alternative and sustainable investing practices, strategies, products, frameworks, and market trends or interest in learning.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional planning, attention to detail, stakeholder management and collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Analytical, creative, and entrepreneurial minded.
- Client-focused and team-oriented.
A culture focused on hard work, professionalism, performance and client service The opportunity to join a high growth and dynamic firm Education and growth opportunities Competitive compensation Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document
Our success hinges on our unwavering commitment to three principles that underpin our investment philosophy: Value, Discipline, and Results. Our adherence to these principles has allowed ICM to generate exceptional investment returns for our clients and a strong track record of achieving our goals.
Today, we manage more than $2 billion of assets across numerous investment vehicles and advisory relationships and have considerable experience in originating, structuring, and financing investment transactions and managing risk in alternative assets. Our team has grown substantially and is made up of investment and operating professionals with extensive experience.
ICM is a proud member of the community and is active with several local charities, through the volunteer work of ICM’s staff and financial support by the firm and its principals.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Marketing and Public Relations Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors