Assistant Portfolio Manager/Senior Investment Analyst
- Azimuth Capital Mgmt
- Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
- Competitive base salary, benefits package. Opportunity for performance based incentive compensation.
- 06 Mar 2023
- 07 May 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side, Performance Analysis, Portfolio Management: Equities, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Firm
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Azimuth Capital Management Description
Azimuth Capital Management (ACM) is an investment management and advisory firm headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Our team is comprised of individuals with a unique set of talents, all with an intense orientation towards unparalleled customer service and providing valued advice to our clients.
Azimuth Capital Management is dedicated to serving clients in establishing and achieving their financial goals. We are committed to being regarded by our clients as a premier investment management and financial advisory firm and are a partner firm of Focus Financial Partners, Inc. (ticker: FOCS), a publicly-held firm comprised of more than 80 premier partner firms with more $300 billion of assets under management.
Position: Investment Research and Portfolio Management
Title: Assistant Portfolio Manager/Senior Investment Analyst
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
The candidate will work closely with the investment management team and the rest of the Azimuth team on a range of investment research, portfolio management and client relations functions to support the firm’s growth and success in serving its clients. The primary function of the candidate’s role is to work with the investment team to drive investment results and deliver on key client service requirements. The individual will primarily conduct research and related portfolio management duties in support of the Azimuth strategies. The Azimuth investment philosophy for its strategies is principally based on fundamental research, a long-term orientation, and primarily consists of direct ownership of individual securities. These strategies provide the means for building customized separately managed accounts for our clients. In addition, the candidate will work with the investment team in conducting research and analysis on macroeconomic, industry/sector and other investment-related developments. The candidate will also work with the Azimuth team in undertaking special client-driven research or analysis as well as addressing client questions.
We are looking for a professional that is willing and able to grow and develop with the firm with the potential to progress to a senior management and leadership role within the investment team.
Some of the responsibilities of the individual in this role will include:
- Monitoring all equity holdings in Azimuth strategies including news updates, earnings reports, company/industry conference calls, and other data sources on an ongoing basis
- Maintaining and enhancing proprietary data screens
- Updating our investment team on a timely basis via both written and verbal communications on research, news and other developments related to current holdings and other securities under watch
- Performing due diligence on a quantitative and qualitative basis on new companies/securities that have screened as candidates for one of our strategies and presenting results and recommendations
- Providing a wide range of research and analysis in areas including but not limited to macroeconomic events, company/security specific information, and sector or industry trends, including presenting results
- Actively participating in the firm’s scheduled Investment Committee meetings and other research and portfolio management related discussions
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance and risk management characteristics of the firm’s strategies and specific client portfolios as needed. This includes attribution, benchmark and peer group analysis as deemed appropriate and presentation of analysis results
- Leading and/or contributing to special projects involving securities research, portfolio management as well as client requests or questions
- Strong commitment and work ethic in expanding skill set and responsibilities
- Outstanding attention to detail, timeliness, and task execution
- Self-starter in initiating and completing new assignments, tackling issues, and/or solving problems
- Great attitude – positive personality and “Can Do” approach
- Client Service Focus
- Emphasis on meeting client needs
- Getting the job done/resourcefulness
- Focus on doing things the right way and adherence to compliance-related procedures
- Teamwork orientation – interacting well and building compatibility with a focus on continuous firm improvement
- Collaborative mindset with ability to both respectfully accept and provide constructive feedback. Willingness to consider diverse points of view a must.
- College degree required, graduate degree or other industry-related designations preferred with a strong record of academic achievement
- Minimum of five years experience in similar research/portfolio management roles
- Strong quantitative and analytical thinking skills along with intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness
- Demonstrable technical and analytical skills with equity and fixed income securities, capabilities with other asset classes a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to apply in written reports/analysis, presentations and participation in interactive meetings
- Proven and reliable high level of attention to detail
- Desire to work in an informal, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Significant proficiency with computer software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365 Suite, as well as experience and proficiency with industry-related applications (e.g., FactSet, Bloomberg, Zacks, Refinitiv, Advent Axys/Moxy, Black Diamond, Zephyr). Experience with trading systems or processes is beneficial.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and the opportunity to earn performance-based incentive compensation. Opportunity for appreciable growth in compensation available based on achieving objectives of (1) expansion of abilities and responsibilities and (2) firm growth.
The Company also offers a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance coverage, a 401(k) plan, personal time off, and additional ancillary benefits.
Azimuth Capital Management provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates that are both interested and qualified should send a resume along with a cover letter to the following email address:
Azimuth Capital Management
200 E. Long Lake Road Suite 160
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time jobs in Bachelors