- Mexico City (MX)
- 02 Mar 2023
- 01 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant
- Industry Sector
- Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy)
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ENGIE is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Together with our 96,000 employees, our customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral world, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions.
The Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory (“AIFA”) team is a fast-paced group that is closely involved in major transactions and strategic initiatives undertaken by the ENGIE group in Latin America.
The Financial Advisor will be responsible for the financial analysis, valuation, structuring and project financing activities in support of ENGIE’s operations in Mexico and Latin America.
Main Areas of Responsibility
· Perform and/or coordinate valuation and financial analysis/modeling for investments/divestments in compliance with AIFA methodologies;
· Advise on risk allocation, appropriate mitigation factors and contingencies, hedging strategy, bankability issues, optimization & tax structuring;
· Establish projects’ impacts on financing and accounting at local and ENGIE Group level (where required with the support of relevant expertise centres and/or external consultants);
· Actively support the commercial process by providing timely insights and advice on the economics and financials of commercial opportunities;
· Support the capital structuring on projects and recommend best financing strategy (based on in depth knowledge of the current banking market, capital markets, ECAs and other sources of funds);
· Support the structuring, negotiation and execution of project financing and equity transactions;
· Monitor and assess competitors' approaches to financing / funding projects and potential mobilization of new financing sources;
· Handle non-project related AIFA activities (e.g. annual impairment tests, lookbacks, budget and mid-term plan preparation and revision with local Finance team, etc);
· Support junior financial advisors and provide coaching in financial modeling.
- Master’s degree required with Finance or Economics major and/or professional qualification such as CFA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position preferably in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to lead M&A and/or the structuring and execution of Project Financing transactions.
- Skills: outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models;
- Proficient understanding of applied corporate finance theory and a good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures;
- Proven and proficient understanding of non-recourse financing markets and of debt and equity capital markets;
- Behavioral capabilities: a self-starting person with strong team player’s attitude, problem solving skills, assertive, common sense and a good sense of humor;
- Presence and interpersonal credibility to represent the company with key external stakeholders;
- Ability to multitask and to work effectively under pressure. · Languages: fluent Spanish and English. Business Understanding.